YSP - FAQs
1. What is the Young Scholars Programme?
The Young Scholars Programme is a five-day online programme that introduces high school students to liberal arts & sciences education. It is a certified online programme in which students are exposed to different disciplines such as History, Literature, Computer Science, Psychology and more through interactions and group discussions. The programme incorporates a range of activities such as faculty presentations, writing sessions, small group activities and creative workshops. Further details can be found at https://ashoka.edu.in/ysp
2. What is a liberal arts & science education?
Liberal arts & sciences education celebrates discussion and debate in the classroom. A liberal arts & science education focuses on providing critical thinking skills and multiple perspectives to students, which is considered an essential part of leading an ethical and purposeful life. Essentially, it incorporates breadth and depth across multiple disciplines.
3. What is the deadline for the submission of the application form?
4. What are the dates of the YSP programme?
5. What are the charges for the Young Scholars Programme?
The charges for the programme are as follows:
An application fee of Rs 500/- has to be paid with the submission of the completed application form. This is non-refundable.
YSP course fee is INR 25,000/-
If selected the student has to pay the full fees to secure their spot.
6. What do the programme fees include?
The programme fee includes access to all the online sessions for the course duration, including founder talks, interactive sessions, and follow-up reading materials.
7. Is scholarship/financial aid available?
8. How does one apply for financial aid?
9. How is students’ financial need assessed for financial aid?
10. What is the programme schedule?
The YSP day is creatively designed to engage young minds in the best possible manner by eminent Ashoka faculty and staff. A typical day at YSP begins with students logging in the morning for academic sessions. Students are in 3 sessions before lunch, with a snack break in between. The day continues with writing sessions, workshops, guest speaker series and more. Students are given a transition time of at least 15 mins between each session. In the evening, students are invited to be part of an optional Unwind session offering an opportunity to network with their peers and Ashoka UG students in a more informal setting. The final schedule will be shared with participants of YSP closer to the programme.
11. Are there any technical prerequisites for attending this online programme?
Yes, since the YSP programme will be delivered online, good basic Internet connectivity with sufficient bandwidth up to 5 - 6 GB per day for webinars is needed. You need to download the Zoom app for attending YSP sessions. A laptop or desktop with Windows applications to engage with YSP activities. Find a quiet corner from where you can log in to absorb all the YSP learning coming your way!
12. What is the last day for making the payment?
13. Who are YSP counsellors?
14. Who is the faculty?
15. What are the criteria for selection for the Young Scholars Programme at Ashoka?
16. Can students appearing for their Class 12 board examinations in 2021 apply for YSP?
17. What are the academic requirements for the application?
The mark sheets of the previous two grades
Students starting Class 9: Submit mark sheets for Class 7 and 8.
Students starting Class 10: Submit mark sheets for Class 8 and 9.
Students starting Class 11: Submit mark sheets for Class 9 and 10. (in case board results are not available, the latest Class 10 result, e.g. pre-boards/ first term, is acceptable)
Students starting Class 12: Submit mark sheets for Class 10 board exams and Class 11 or recent most available academic records.
Applicants should upload at least one available mark sheet, which could be from the previous two years of education.
18. Is there a minimum percentage requirement to apply for the Young Scholars Programme?
19. Is there a waitlist?
Yes, there is a waitlist. Waitlisted students will be informed, and in case of vacancies, they will be contacted after admissions have been finalized.
20. How will the candidates be notified about their admissions decision?
21. Do we get a certificate for the Young Scholars Programme?
22. Will attending the programme increase my chances of admission to the undergraduate programme at Ashoka University?
23. Are there any terms and conditions/code of conduct for the programme?
24. Will I have to attend all the sessions?
YSP is a very engaging programme, attending each session will add value to your learning and knowledge across various topics and also help later in college applications and making informed choices. Hence, attendance and participation are strongly advised for a meaningful experience and to obtain the programme certificate.
25. What is the refund policy?
From the evening before the commencement of the programme: NIL
Up to seven days before the commencement of the programme: 75% of the fees will be deducted
Up to fifteen days before the commencement of the programme: 50% of the fees will be deducted
Up to twenty-one days before the commencement of the programme: 25% of the fees will be deducted
* All refunds will be processed after / within 30 days of the completion of the programme. This refund will be assessed on a case by case basis, and ONLY in case of a clash with the national or state boards. In such cases, the date-sheet will need to be provided, following which the refund will be permitted.
* Given the new circumstances owing to the second wave of COVID and schools rescheduling their summer vacations any refund requests made before May 22, 2021, will be done on a case to case basis. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to resolve the issue for you. The sooner you communicate with us will also help us plan YSP 2021 better.